Murtabak Bee Hoon
Published on 4th April 2023
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 2 pcs Bihun Jagung URAI
- 1 stalk scallion
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 100 ml water
- 1 tbsp Ciptarasa Kuah Ayam Bawang or chicken stock powder
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Beef tallow, as needed
- For murtabak wrapper:
- 150 g high-protein wheat flour
- 1 egg, egg yolk removed
- 50 ml water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- For serving:
- Shrimp paste sambal
- Bird’s eye chillies
- 1. Cook Bihun URAI according to instructions on the pack. Set aside.
- 2. For murtabak wrapper: Mix high-protein wheat flour, egg white, water and salt into food processor and mix well.
- 3. Pour vegetable oil, mix well until smooth and no longer sticky.
- 4. Take the dough out from food processor, knead with hands then shape it into round. Add enough cooking oil and rest dough for minimum 30 minutes.
- 5. For filling: Sauté scallion until fragrant. Add carrot, pour water and bring to a boil. Add Ciptarasa Kuah Ayam Bawang or chicken stock powder and Bihun URAI. Mix well, remove and set aside.
- 6. Take some dough, put it on a flat bottom plate, cover with plastic and flatten the dough. Take out the plastic and fill the flatted dough with fried bee hoon, fold into a triangle and secure the edges.
- 7. Heat a non-stick frying pan, put murtabak and add beef tallow. Fry murtabak until golden brown. Remove and serve with shrimp paste sambal and bird’s eye chillies.
- Servings : 24