Mi Kari Taj Mahal
Published on 3rd December 2018 In Asian |
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 2 pieces Mi Urai premium egg noodles, cooked until desired tenderness
- 350 g medium prawns, peel and clean
- 1 lime, extract juice
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp tamarind water
- 750 ml coconut milk
- cooking oil (for stir-frying)
- salt (to taste)
- Spice mix:
- 3 medium red chillies
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 3 cm fresh tumeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- Additional spices:
- 4 cardamom pods
- 2 cm cinnamon
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 tsp aniseed 1 teaspoon, toasted
- 1 tsp cumin, toasted
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds, toasted
- 1. Marinade prawns with lime juice, chilli powder and a little salt. Set aside.
- 2. Blend the spice mix in a food processor to get a smooth paste. Set aside.
- 3. Heat oil in wok. Stir-fry onion and additional spices until fragrant.
- 4. Add the spice mix paste. Lower heat and stir-fry until cooked.
- 5. Add tumeric water, coconut milk and salt. Mix well and add the marinated prawns. Cook until the curry starts to boil and prawns are done.
- 6. Ladle the curry over Mi Urai and serve.
- Servings : 2-3
- Ingredient : Beef