Mi Ayam Bumbu Rujak
Published on 3rd December 2018 In Asian |
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 2 pieces Mi Urai premium egg noodles, cooked and tossed in a little oil
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 Indian bay leaf
- 2 cm galangal 2 cm, bruised
- 1 lemongrass stem, bruised
- 300 g chicken breast fillet (whole)
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 25 palm sugar, crushed
- 2 tbs sugar
- 2 tbsp tamarind water (made by soaking tamarind pulp)
- salt (to taste)
- 200 coconut cream
- Spice paste:
- 5 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 large red chillies
- 3 bird’s eye chillies
- 3 candlenuts, toasted
- ½ tbsp coriander, toasted
- ½ cm turmeric
- 1. Blend all spice paste ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- 2. Heat the oil and stir-fry the spice paste until fragrant. Add bay leaf, galangal and lemongrass. Cook until the lemongrass is wilted.
- 3. Add the chicken fillet. Stir until it changes color.
- 4. Add coconut milk, palm sugar, sugar, tamarind water and salt. Cook until half the coconut milk remains.
- 5. Add coconut cream, cook until the sauce starts to thicken. Remove the chicken fillet from the sauce.
- 6. Grill the chicken fillet. Make sure to turn it a few times while brushing on the sauce.
- 7. Add Mi Urai to the sauce and mix well. Serve with the sliced grilled chicken fillet.
- Servings : 2-3
- Ingredient : Chicken