Mee Tek Tek
Published on 23rd October 2019
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 2 pieces Mi Urai premium egg noodles, parboiled and tossed in a little oil
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 egg, beaten with a pinch of salt
- 100 g chicken breast, deep fried and shredded
- 50 ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp kecap manis
- salt (to taste)
- sugar (to taste)
- 3 stalks choy sum (sawi/mustard greens), cut 5 cm
- 3 cabbage leaves, shredded
- Spice paste:
- 4 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 candlenuts, toasted
- 2 tsp fried shallots
- acar timun/sweet cucumber pickle (optional)
- 1. Heat the oil in a wok. Scramble the egg and set aside.
- 2. Blend all spice paste ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- 3. Add a little more oil to the wok and heat it. Stir-fry the spice paste until fragrant. Add the chicken breast and chicken stock. Season with the kecap manis, salt and sugar; stir well. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- 4. Add the Mi Urai, choy sum, cabbage, scrambled egg. Mix well and cook until the sauce is absorbed by the noodles.
- 5. Divide into 2 portions and serve warm with the toppings.
- Servings : 2