Published on 3rd December 2018 In Asian |
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 2 pieces Mi Urai premium egg noodles, cooked and tossed in a little oil
- 1 stalk serai / lemongrass, bruised
- 2 cm lengkuas / galangal, bruised
- 750 ml coconut milk
- 2 daun salam (Indian bay leaf)
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- salt (to taste)
- sugar (to taste)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Spice paste:
- 5 shallots
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp coriander seeds, toasted
- 2 candlenuts, toasted
- 2 cm turmeric
- ½ cm ginger
- ½ cm kencur / cekur / lesser galangal
- 1 cm temu kunci / fingerroot
- 1 cm temu mangga / kunyit putih / white tumeric (may be substituted with young ginger)
- 150 g chicken breast fillet, boiled in water with a little salt and shredded
- 1 boiled egg
- 2 stalks kemangi / lemon basil
- 2 lime, halved
- chilli powder or chilli paste (optional)
- 1. Blend all spice paste ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- 2. Heat the oil and stir-fry the seasoning paste, lemongrass and galangal until fragrant.
- 3. Add the coconut milk and daun salam. Lower the heat, stir until the soup is boiling. Season with pepper, salt and sugar. Turn off the heat.
- 4. Put the Mi Urai in individual serving bowls and ladle the soup on top. Add the shredded chicken and garnish with the egg, lemon basil and lime before serving. You may add chilli powder or chilli paste as desired.
- Servings : 2-3
- Ingredient : Chicken