Kerabu Beehoon Nyonya
Published on 5th August 2022
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 2 pcs Bihun Urai
- 200 g medium size prawns, peeled and deveined
- 100 g fresh grated coconut
- 3 tbsp dried shrimp, soaked
- A handful mint leaves, finely sliced
- 5 red chili, julienned
- 5 pcs kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 10 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 torch ginger flower, finely sliced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, use inner white part, finely sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make sauce:
- 5 tbsp sambal balacan
- 1 tbsp of palm sugar
- 5 tbsp calamansi juice (limau kasturi)
- Fried shallots and sliced spring onion
- 1. Cook Bihun Urai according to instructions on pack. Set aside.
- 2. Heat fry pan over medium heat, fry prawns until just cooked, set aside.
- 3. Toast grated coconut until light brown and fragrant, set aside.
- 4. Grind the soaked dried shrimp until coarsely ground, toast on a fry pan until fragrant, set aside.
- 5. Make sauce, mixed well, set aside.
- 6. In a mixing bowl, toss all the ingredients until well combined, plate on a serving dish, garnish with fried shallots and spring onion for extra texture. Serve immediately.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
(5 / 5)
Comments are closed.